As you may already know, Disney World recently increased security. Some of the new safety rules are as follows:
- Costumes and masks are now prohibited by guests ages 14 and older.
- Disney is pulling all toy guns from shelves.
- There has been a heavier presence of uniformed and armed police recently. Disney will also add more K-9 team patrols.
- At AMC Disney Springs 24 theaters, bags will be subject to search and you may be asked to walk through a scanner similar to what they have at airports. There may also be searches with hand-held wands. This is a temporary change related to increased levels of caution around Star Wars.
- Walk-through scanners are at bag check lines at Disney theme parks and water parks.
Security measures may continue to change over the next year or so. I will continue to make updates as changes occur.